Friday, November 18, 2011

Because… less is more.

Truly. I am absolutely in love with voile right now. Because these new fabrics from Denyse Schmidt are so luxurious. As a long-time maker of children's clothing as well as collector of vintage, I have long been wishing that voile was more accessible. Denyse Schmidt read my mind.
One thing I was pleasantly surprised at, though, was the versatility. I'm not just tootin' my own horn, but this cotton is so silky and airy, that it seems to lend itself well to curtains. It is really nice to have more of a choicer than either quilter's cotton or the heavier "home decor" fabrics that you find at your local fabric store; unless you are lucky enough to live in a larger city like Seattle, which I used to drive miles just to visit my fave place on Queen Anne: Nancy's Sewing Basket. (Still great for vintage and antique ribbons, though!)

So here's a little look for you - into my life. I am planning on hemming this stuff - I promise - as well as take you on a little excursion or two in creating some home projects and perhaps even an article of clothing or two. Not sure where I go next. Please feel free to leave comments/suggestions - I may even do a tutorial. ((pressure's on!))

Mrs. Aster Voile, Greenfield Hill, Denyse Schmidt

So, holding this up to my bathroom window, I could not even wait to hem the fabric… or wait for daylight to take a better picture. Here you see it is double, thick, and I cannot even begin to describe how nice this stuff is in person - if only you had feel-i-vision…

No comments:

Post a Comment